Introduction and summary
Post university and working as a research scientist in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Len on the way, became interested in the role of nutrition in meeting the stress of ill health, and researched this. This research is to be outlined is his personal presentation here on this website.
[Initially was a letter intended for Mercola and his team. You can check their work on the net.] An outline of Len’s personal investigation from 1970 on and research into and use of alternative means of cancer therapy. This research is outlined in his Cancer Story. Much later, on being diagnosed with Prostate Cancer (PC) in 2013, Len personally followed Friedman’s presentations about how maintaining a high blood Testosterone (T) would be useful in preventing/controlling this cancer (logic would suggest all cancers). Personally this was partially successful.
When made aware of the value of Ketogenesis/Ketosis, brought on by eating a ketogenic diet, Len added this to his self-treatment. More personally, with he as the sole guinea pig, He aimed at reducing his PSA, or at worst preventing its increase, using both maintaining a high blood T level and seeking a constant high blood ketosis level.
Len was lucky to have the agreement of his urologist, Dr Alabaster, to work with him in that he is willing to prescribe the necessary medications and monitor his progress. It was in his office that he saw Friedman’s book. At that time Dr Alabaster said he hadn’t then even looked at it.
The value of balanced and optimum nutrition in health has been ingrained Len’s experience, and thus research, since the 1970’s.
To date, 20191125 [11/15/2019, using all 3 ideas this seems successful wrt Len.
Len Nourse – Date of birth, Aug 3, 1937 South Africa (RSA) e-mail.
Brief outline of Education, Research and life
Points discussed as necessary wrt Health and Cancer, including self-treatment
- A. Exercise –sufficient/individual. Daily-> 30-90min in-house exercise + 18-36 golf + 1-4hr jog/walk
- B. Optimum Nutrition – varies/individual
- C. Other factors as outlined
Len’s Research Experience wrt Health and Cancer
This came about due to Len’s initial research at CSIR, (Council Scientific Industrial Research), South African Research Institute where he compared the mechanisms in Protein Synthesis (PS) in Rat Liver and Azo Dye induced cancer in rat liver. Of significance was the observed and significant difference in the amount of cancerous tissue obtained with the diets given. In this study the nutritional value of the diet was not under consideration. The only point of interest then was the disappointment that because of new laws. The lab had to use more rats to obtain enough tumour tissue for their purpose, namely comparisons in the mechanisms of Protein Synthesis. The significance of this is covered later in Len’s research with rats and humans outlining the importance that all the essential nutrients must be available optimally; thus, not some magic ingredient or formula.
- Nutritional Research with and for an Animal Feed Company: The growth, health and production rate in monogastric animals and health in animal trials; poultry (chickens, ducks, turkeys - both broilers and layers), pigs, dogs (and more) is totally dependent on the nutrient value of the diet; optimum the aim. This was/is worldwide and continues to now (2019 ->.)
- Point of note: Wrt human nutrition, due to the powers that be, this was not originally accepted or was denied, despite the significant presentations by Inca Gontzea and research presented by animal feed and research institutes, and elsewhere.
- Personal research in the value of nutrition in human health, initially supported and funded by EPOL (animal feed company in the RSA): This was privately started by Len at the EPOL research farm with rat experiments in 1970. This investigation into this value continues to this day –2019. On recalling the significant difference in the amount of cancerous tissue obtained when rats were on a nutritionally balanced diet (point 1 above), an experiment was designed to further examine this. The eye on to what level the nutritional balance affected the growth of this cancer in rat liver. The main point/function of a nutritionally balanced diet is to ensure the supply of all the essential nutrients in balance.
- Before this experiment was started, a friend told Len about Griffith’s book – World Without Cancer – re Amygdalin.
- On this it was decided to duplicate the diets, each with added Amygdalin (Merck Chemicals). Results:
- Tumour incidence was proportionally depressed the greater the nutritional value of the diet – Statistical findings - highly significant
- b. Amygdalin significantly reduced tumour development at every nutritional level in nutritionally optimum Fish Meal diets – highly significant.
- c. In Soy based diets the effects were noticeably less. Further research was prevented by the powers that be.
- Research with Humans – 1970 on: Due to the positive results shown with rats in point 5, Len was persuaded by colleagues to ‘illegally’ treat family and friends. All were terminal victims with cancers. By word of mouth, this over several years, ended up with 1000 (+/-) cancer victims. All of whom had previously been unsuccessfully treated by the accepted treatments [chemotherapy, radiation and surgery]. All were subsequently informed by their physician at the hospital, they had at most 3 months or less to live. On this, they were sent home to spend their last days with their loved ones.
- Since with monogastric species all the essential nutrients must be available optimally for an animal to grow optimally and be in ideal health. This is a well proven basic shown in the animal feed industry no matter the animal, be that that broilers/layers and pigs or like. This also applies to humans, as also shown in Len’s research in the 1970s.
Len’s only suggestion to these cancer victims was that eating an optimum nutritional diet with amygdalin would likely improve the quality of life they had left. On this contention we (cancer victims and their doctors and Len) had a 100% improvement. Yes, subjective maybe, but not according to the patient and the servicing doctor under whose care they were, post being sent home from the hospital.
When Len enthusiastically presented this work at a Cancer Congress in Johannesburg it was received in silence. He later presented these findings at a cancer meeting sponsored by a pharmaceutical company, rhat was under the same umbrella as the animal feed company for whom Len worked. This was in the late 1970s in Johannesburg, South Africa. The title of the presentation by a visiting ‘American Expert’ was headed: ‘The fallacy that good nutrition can influence cancer, and that this with the toxin, Amygdalin/Laetrile, so called Vit B17, could cure cancer. This was then and has never been a claim. To hear the details of this just ask using Email or read Len’ Cancer Story as outlined in his website. This information is free to use as you like and is certainly for no other purpose.
This expert smugly opened by holding up a bottle of the pits of apricot seeds, which contain amygdalin, stating their toxicity. While continuing his smug walk across the stage he challenged the audience to taste one, but also stating one must then immediately spit it out. None in the panel would try. Len said I would. He was an invited guest. Len promptly did and ate all 15+ in the bottle. He then asked the Panel whether he could give his point re his research. The Panel refused, but, the audience of about 1000 insisted on hearing what Dr Nourse - PhD, had to say – their words. He did and on this he was fired.
More on the cancer scams by the official puppets of the money mongers is found in the writings of Mercola, Nader, Moss and their teams, and others, as is discussed in this site: http://www.truthquest2.com/cancerwarfraud.htm. More on this can be found in more recent presentations/publications.
Len subsequently moved to Australia and then to the US. At that time communication was purely by post. In that period, many from South Africa subsequently contacted Len asking for advice, saying so-so told them about him. This led Len to find that some of these cancer victims had by then lived for as long as 10-15 years or more.
In his book, Friedman states that blood Testosterone (T) in high concentrations induces cancer cells to self-destruct, as has been shown with cancer cells grown in tissue culture. To maintain a high blood T value, it is necessary to prevent its conversion to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and Estradiol. Dr Alabaster accepted that Len preferred to use Friedman’s suggestions, and kindly agreed to monitor his progress and subscribe the necessary medications needed; namely the enzyme inhibitors to block the conversion of T to DHT and oestradiol (US is Estradiol). He, observing with an interested eye. The general feeling in the medical profession is that at Len’s then age, about 74, PC cancer victims would die from causes other than PC. That might be an explanation why Len seemingly is doing well, where these hormones remained relatively constant, T being high and the other two reduced.
Len started with Friedman’s presentation as given in his book. At the start Len’s PSA was 20.5. After one week it was reduced to 11.5 and then later to 9.5 (See graph in Fig, - not yet completed). This looked promising, but post that it again increased because he was unable to work out Friedman’s next step. As said above, it seemingly had to do with the levels of the three hormones of note, namely T, DHT and oestradiol. He worked out a program where these remained relatively constant in the desired ratio.
- Len’s investigation then took an upturn when a friend, his age, informed him he had reduced his PSA of >1000 down to as low as 0.78 using ketosis (Ketogenic diet). On this Len added Ketosis to his program. The purpose was to reduce his PSA and/or prevent its increase. This to date, 2019, about 7 years later has been achieved. As a patient of the urologist and his GP, it’s only been possible to do PSA readings once every 4 months. An in-depth review of the use of ketosis/ketogenic diet wrt to cancer therapy is given by Dr Gonzalez in https://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/dr-gonzalez-dismantles-ketogenic-diet-for-cancer/ The value of alternative treatments in treating Cancer, particularly Prostate Cancer (PC)
Len’s primary purpose of this presentation is to outline his personal investigations into alternative treatments for cancer, and outline what has been done; he the guinea pig.
Over the years Len’s PSA steadily increased. When in Memphis it reached a high of 15.8. He was persuaded by his GP to visit a urologist, Dr Alabaster. Biopsies showed PC in 3/12, 2 with a Gleeson of 8, a worrisome level for Len’s urologist. The biopsies caused Len’s PSA to rise to a maximum of 21.5. Len refused the standard treatments for PC and decided personally to investigate alternatives; he the guinea pig.
This included Friedman’s ideas, wrt testosterone (T). He states that a stable high blood T will induce PC cancer cells to self-destruct. As previously outlined, this has been shown with the cancer grown in tissue culture. Len’s first test with his PC, as gauged by the level of PSA, resulted in a decrease from 18 to 11 then 9. This subsequently again increased, primarily oscillating between 14-18. There was a next step in this treatment in Friedman’s book, to do with adjusting the use and level of the inhibitors used in blocking the enzymatic conversation of T to DHT and Oestradiol.
Len was unable work it out, as indicated by a still unacceptably level of PSA, namely its oscillation, with values between about 14-26. Playing with this he was able to work on a steady sequence that maintained a seemingly ideal level of the 3 hormones of concern. Of specific importance, re Friedman, was to maintain a high level of T with reduced levels of DHT and oestradiol. This was achieved.
Post this Len was introduced to the said significance/importance of Ketosis in cancer. Just do a search on the web, ketogenesis and health or cancer or other. When mentioning this to friends, Len, at the time, was sent numerous anti-articles written about the value and safety of ketosis (eating a ketogenic diet) re cancer, namely that it was false/spam (see *below). By then Len already had good results on attaining optimum ketosis. These were weight loss, which was not an aim, because according to standards Len’s then weight, at 6ft 1” (1.86m), was well within the accepted range. More of relevance was improved energy, his was never poor, but wow. Len’s personal involvement is covered in the next sections.
*Re-criticism of Ketosis. [As you will find Len has repeated himself on occasions.] Take this as an emphasis of their importance. Smile Len has not written this for monetary gain.] Len was sent articles that spurned this, namely ketosis as of value in health. On checking the web thus: ‘Presentations that spurn Ketosis as of value in health and cancer’. These, at that time, 20181224 are shown in this site: https://www.bing.com/search?q=Presentaions+that+spurn+Ketosis+as+of+vulue+in+health+and+cancer&form=EDGSPH&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=915c7980b5ce4fcfa35e1aebf5bf3367&PC=SSJS&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=presentaions+that+spurn+ketosis+as+of+vulue+in+health+and+cancer&sc=0-64&qs=n&sk=&cvid=915c7980b5ce4fcfa35e1aebf5bf3367
Len’s reading of this criticism of many of these sent to him, is that many/all seem to be protecting vested interests. This specifically being dominated by the ‘big and greedy lucrative businesses’ of the drug companies, and those that they sponsor. The latter, all lackies, under the likelihood of sponsorship withdrawal (Len’s view). Sadly, this includes the likes of the AMA and FDA in the US. The same applies to many similar worldwide. This, since before the 1970’s, included the SA Medicines Control Board, Len being an indirect victim.
Yes, sponsorship in research and its regulation (AMA and FDA) in most instances is a necessity, and a blessing and thus good, but not at the expense of the truth. Len personally had experience re this, namely his firing, as is evident in his own research investigations. This firstly, in the 1970-1980s - see later. It even extends to Wikipedia, that states amygdalin is dangerously toxic. This has been covered.
Now wrt the safety of a ketogenic diet and his personal investigation is outlined below. This covers his regular, mostly daily, findings. He knows what he’s writing may not be unknown to many. It’s a significant part of many presentations.
It, though, is also presented for those with whom he personally communicates. As said, it’s not for monetary purposes, rather purely for, and of, ‘research’ interest.
Len’s personal Investigation into the value/use of ketogenesis (ketosis) in cancer therapy
Paediatrician, Dr Vincent Harrison in Cape Town (CT), RSA, then in his mid to late 70s, now mid-80s, was shown to have prostate cancer (PC). His biopsies showed PC in all 12, all with a Gleeson of 9.5 (considered fatal), yet his cancer had not metastasized (He is a colleague of Len’s son Dr Peter Nourse of the Red Cross hospital and CT university). Dr Harrison, on studying the literature decided to treat himself using Ketogenesis – a ketogenic diet. He reduced his PSA from >1000 to 0.78. [In general, and in this discussion, the level of PSA is taken as a measure of the severity of PC].
Len’ PSA was at a maximum of 21.5 after biopsies, this was an increase of about 3.5 prior to the biopsies. These showed PC in 3 of 12, with a Gleeson of 8 in two; also, without metastases. This absence of metastasis was the same 6 years later in 2018/2019. Initially on Vincent’s success with a ketogenic diet, Len studied the literature, namely the value of ketosis in health and wrt PC.
From Len’s investigation, what was most interesting, and still is, namely the fact that PC cells find it difficult to survive in a blood environment low in glucose, maybe ideally devoid of glucose. (This personally was taken as likely meaning all cancers.) It’s one aim in attaining ketosis. This is because cancer cells can only use blood glucose as a source of energy. They cannot readily use blood ketone bodies, so should die off in time. Normal cells can use both forms of energy. This blood environment would thus favour the growth and sustainability of normal cells.
[Note: Of seemingly greater significance wrt a ketogenic diet is its prevention and control of high blood pressure, heart attacks and type 2 diabetes. Once in natural/optimal ketosis there is no need for any other medical/drug intervention. Read/Purchase ‘The Art and Science of Low carbohydrate living’ by Jeff S. Volek and Stephen Phinney’ = Living in ketosis. [Online the book is not expensive.] You can also check this in a google search: Ketosis/ketogenesis/ketogenic diet and health and/or the health condition that concerns you.
On this, Len’s primary aim wrt to cancers is to attain the said needed ketogenic level of 2mM/L or more. Reaching this level is more easily said than done but can be. A difficulty is to maintain this level. Whether this is necessary Len does not know. In writings, mention is made that this is likely an oscillating need.
Len’s specific aim, with he as guinea pig was, and still is, to see if the combination of using Ketosis with Friedman’s T ideas would lower his PSA. Graphs of his PSA measurements in relation to blood glucose and ketosis levels, body weight, hormone levels (T, DHT and oestradiol [Estradiol], and Vitamin D are shown in the figure – [still in experimentation]. The measurements of PSA, hormone levels and Vitamin D were done for the purpose of patient evaluation by Len’s urologist. On this they were only carried out at 4 monthly intervals. He personally added the measurement of blood glucose and ketone levels because these are easy to personally do. The reason is explained below.
For experimental purpose, the time gap was not the ideal. ideal would be the weekly inclusion of measurements of PSA, Vita D and the relevant hormones. It’s likely his urologist would have agreed to this, but likely not his medical insurance.
As seen Len’s initial experience with a high blood T resulted in a decrease in his PSA, but which in time tailed off. With personal adjustment of Friedman’s program, he has maintained a relatively high level of T as well as the necessary mandatory reduction in DHT and oestradiol. (see figure – will in time be placed). What he has done is not necessarily the ideal as Friedman suggested in his book. What he has done has resulted in satisfactory blood levels of the hormones in question. This was an aim and is now the primary aim in continuing with Friedman’s protocol.
Ketogeneses (Ketosis) and health
Ketosis is accomplished by eating a Ketogenic diet. As said, Len’s contention is that everyone will benefit from attaining ketosis. However, not everyone needs to. Other than weight loss the primary advantage is improved health. What for him was most noticeable, is improved and longer lasting energy levels. Otherwise, google ketosis and health and/or more specifically an ill health condition of concern.
The influence of Ketogeneses (Ketosis) on cancers
Len personally did so wrt to prostate cancer. When ketosis was added to Friedman’s program there was again an initial decrease in his PSA, but which initially also tailed off. How to complete this is still been worked on but below is outlined what Len did, and thinks is necessary. His investigations show that he’s able to reach optimum/natural ketosis as well as levels of 2mM/L and above. 5mM/L the highest but has difficulty in maintaining this. He’s not sure if the latter is necessary. Ketosis readings since will be shown in a Figure when the investigation is completed. As stated, to date the drawback in this investigation is the frequency of the measurement of PSA and hormone levels. The Ideal would have been weekly readings of these.
Points of note re Len’s personal experience wrt:
Optimum Ketosis/Natural Ketosis
Optimum Ketosis is defined by Mercola and group as 0.5-1.5 mM/L. Natural ketosis is defined by Volek and Phinney as the level of ketosis reached from the breakdown of body fats brought about by restricting the carbohydrate intake in a diet.
Len totally avoided foods that readily on digestion produce blood glucose, particularly high levels. These are sugars and the easily digestible carbohydrates, as well as many/most processed foods that contain these. These should be on the label. Len limited his protein intake to the ideal, namely that to meet the essential amino acid requirements. He found that some of the foods suggested as suitable for natural/optimum ketosis should be limited. These are mixed nuts and berries. He, as the sole guinea pig and aiming for a ketosis level of 2mM/L wrt dealing with cancer these were not eaten by Len.
Some Points re Len’s continues investigation and recitation with these words; not always This because he found it difficult to regularly reach a consistent ketosis level.
Initially Len was able to get a blood ketosis level of between 0.5-1.1 just by eating a regular ketogenic diet as outlined in the literature; but not always. This was even so when striving at eating zero carbs and/or included fasting in what he did. To date he has not persisted in trying to find out why.
High ketosis levels - 2mM/L or Higher. For this objective, as outlined above this was not readily achieved. Why, is shown below:
In person he is now working on the best way at eating minimal to zero carbs when aiming to achieve a ketosis level of 2mM/L or greater accompanied with some level of fasting between 24-48hours. The aim being a blood glucose of about 70 or less (less has been attained, such as 67, 65 and 63) and a ketosis level close to 2mM/L or more. This he has achieved but adds, ‘not always’. He would like to add that in achieving these levels the traditional nutritionists would say that is unhealthy – well would make the person light-headed. No such thing has happened to Len, even when these blood glucose and ketone level were reached for three consecutive days. Why, he has yet to work out or even tried to. What he has done to date does not make him hungry. but attaining consistency is ‘spoilt’ due to the Afrikaans word ‘lekker’. This in the RSA society has a stronger meaning than very nice.
With he, as the sole guinea pig this could take months/years. This, to date, is going on 6+ years. He reminds you that the purpose of ketosis at cellular level is to switch from glucose energy to ketone energy. He, personally to deal with prostate cancer as gauged by his PSA level. The aim to reduce or maintain his ‘residual level’. This he has done until age 82. This is covered in his cancer story.
Foods and Conditions that play a role in blood glucose and ketone levels
- Nuts and berries in a diet limit the blood ketone level and increase the blood glucose level. This is specifically of note wrt to him when trying to achieve a ketosis level of 2Mm/L
- Body movement (some form of exercise) in excess lowers the blood ketone level achieved. As an example, his ketosis level was/would be around 2mM/L, say 1.8-2.8mM/L on one day. An excess body-movement thereafter, that included 60 minutes of in-house exercise the same day, repeated the next morning on rising, followed by 27 holes of golf, then in the evening a walk as much as 2hrs, or even better alternatively run/walk 50/50 yards over a 3-5 mile course. This is shown/will be shown in graph when/if completed. This likely is due to the ketones produced being used as a readily available energy source. If need be and time allows, he’ll work on.
- Len daily drinks 5-8 cups of Coffee (C)) always with about 2 tablespoons of cream (in US = Heavy Whipping Cream) and during a day 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil (co) or Co when with coffee (C). This alone is high fat with a high level of the medium chain fatty acids in his diet. He often fried his bacon & egg with co. He’s not suggesting everyone drinks as much coffee, but as things are, in difference to the general opinion coffee before bed does not keep him awake.
- More on this will be presented in time, namely that about Len’s use of ketosis in lowering his PSA, taken as being a residual measure of his PC. In this you will get more detail about his experience. Doctors should try it with patients. The likely good results will be a boost to their practice, but of course they must be cognizant of the strong arm of their medical association dictated by the Big Business of the drug cartels. An important point never mentioned or discussed wrt to ketosis and ill health conditions is the following. See 6, re-ketosis and Len’s use of it to reduce his PSA, with he the ‘self guinea pig’.
- In the literature it is stated that optimum ketosis, namely 0.5-1.5mM/L is achieved on a ketogenic diet with some level of fasting from the breakdown of body fat. Len thinks this is unlikely other than for a low level of ketosis; of say between 0.5-0.70mM/L. This may be enough for some level of weight loss, but certainly insufficient to deal with most health problems, and certainly not cancer.
- For the latter it certainly needs to be at least 1.5mM/L or higher; ideally 2mM/L according to the literature. To get to higher levels it is stated in the literature, and in Lens’s experience, necessary to include the intake of fats/lipids with a high level of the medium chain fatty acids, and an optimum level of fasting. These include coconut oil and milk fat. It’s an aim, but it’s also necessary to ensure the intake of an optimal level of all the essential nutrients. This, for most, is not easy to do. This latter is, he’s noticed, not specified by most suggesting eating in obtaining optimum ketosis. It is probably why it is suggested that cyclic ketosis, as an alternative, is more the ideal. Personally, len’s working on this. Vincent this is something that needs to be looked at knowing you also suggested cyclic ketosis.
Other significant values of ketosis wrt health. These include weight loss, blood pressure, heart conditions, (heart attacks) and Type-2 Diabetes. These can all be prevented and healed by attaining Natural/Optimum Ketosis.
The value of Ketosis wrt treating/preventing/reversing high blood pressure and heart problems (heart attack) is well documented in the book By Jeff S. Volek and Stephan D. Phinney ‘The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living’. In this the aim is to achieve what they define as natural ketosis, likely a level of between 0.5-1.5mM/L.
This is what a friend did using the advice presented in this book, as communicated via Emails.
He Dr Johan Greeff an animal scientist wrote:
Our age group have been indoctrinated for a very long time and I think only the next generation will benefit from this new science. Many People who claim to be scientists and say they look objectively at the evidence do exactly what religious people do. They accept blindly what they have been taught without questioning it anymore. I agree that everybody will benefit from a high fat low carb diet. But people are only as blind and deaf as those who don’t want to see and hear. Even my friends who can see how we eat and how good our health is, don’t believe what we tell and show them. Two of my friends recently had stents inserted while they had low cholesterol. In contrast with me with a cholesterol of 8.6, a CT scan show my arteries clear. There is a whole series of videos of Tim Noakes "trial" on the internet that gives the latest science of how insulin and Lepin interact to increase body fat on a low carb diet. The interesting fact was that Noakes camp were all slim and trim - the whole the carb consuming opposite camp were all obese sick."
I suffered a heart attack and was on statins (80mg) and beta blockers for 20 years. I used to eat a lot of carbs. Norma used to graze during the day eating toast with honey and cheese. She was overweight and suffered from reflux. You are not going to believe me but once her esophagus tore. Unbelievable but true. Since we chucked away the carbs all our symptoms disappeared. Her and I are both totally off all medication and we feel wonderful. The hardest part is what to cook because carbs is such a key ingredient of our eating habits. But if you follow the recipes in then you will get used to it. There are now lots of low carb recipes on the net. A very good website is Lowcarbs downunder and then of course Tim Noakes Banting site."
Len continuing in reply to Greeff
In the literature it is stated that optimum ketosis, namely 0.5-1.5mM/L is achieved on ketogenic diet with some level of fasting from the breakdown of body fat. I would say this is unlikely, other than obtaining a low level of ketosis, of say between 0.5-0.70mM/L. Yes, this may be enough for some level of weight loss, but certainly insufficient to deal with most health problems, and certainly not cancer. For the latter it needs to be at least 1.5mM/L or higher, ideally 2mM/L according to the literature. In the literature it’s stated; to get these higher levels, and in Len’s own experience, it’s necessary to include the intake of fats/lipids with a high level of the medium chain fatty acids. These include coconut oil and milk fat. It’s what he aims at. It is also necessary to ensure the intake of an optimal level of all the essential nutrients. This, for most is not easy to do. This latter is, he noticed, not specified by most suggesting eating to obtaining optimum ketosis. It’s probably why it is suggested that cyclic ketosis, as an alternative, is more the ideal. Personally, Len’s working on this.
With that said, in precaution read this sit sent to Len by his cousin Hughen Nourse with these words: The historical perspective of Ketosis was fascinating. The final conclusions were extraordinary. Different people respond to different treatments – a truth also outlined in this site by Chis Wark: https://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/dr-gonzalez-dismantles-ketogenic-diet-for-cancer/
Len says he needs more time to study this. Hoping he’s capable of doing so but in the meantime thinks it’s worth posting his research experience on his website.